Spiced Apricot Summer Popsicles!
Tangy, creamy, sweet, and oh-so-refreshing.
These dairy + refined sugar-free pops are the PERFECT summer treat for summer BBQ's and poolside hangs!
My neighbours (and good friends) invited us over to pick some of their apricots while they’re away and since I have SO MANY APRICOTS now, I decided I wanted to do something fun with them! Say hello spiced apricot summer popsicles!
Ingredients: for ~6-10 popsicles
- ~ 10 ripe apricots (you could sub for peaches, plums or nectarines!)
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- splash of coconut water (to thin, if needed)
- 1/4 cup of honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 4-6 cardamom pods
- Wash, dry, de-pit, and slice your apricots
- place them on a lined baking sheet to freeze for at least 6 hours (or just leave them overnight like I did)
- When they’re frozen solid, remove them from the freezer and allow them to sit on the counter for about 5 minutes while you add your coconut cream, honey, vanilla, allspice, and cardamom to the blender.
- Add in about 1/3 of the apricots and blend. Once smooth, add another third, blend again and then add the rest! The amount of time it will take will depend on your blender, but just keep blending until you’ve got a smooth consistency (adding a splash of coconut water if needed)
- Once it’s all blended and SMOOTH - use a spoon to fill your popsicle moulds! Any leftover can be eaten smoothie bowl style or used to fill a small parchment lined container, put into the freezer, and eaten ice cream style later!
- Freeze the popsicles for 6 hours or overnight, then remove (rinse the popsicle mould under warm water if you’re having trouble getting them out) and most importantly
- ENJOY!!! 💛